The Pasta Straw Company collect, use and are responsible for personal information we obtain from you. We are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), which apply across the European Union (including the UK).
The purpose of this policy is to explain to you how we control, process, handle and protect your personal information. Your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to keeping your information secure and managing it in accordance with our legal responsibilities.
What personal data is collected
The Pasta Straw Company is a provider of products and we may collect personal information from you in order to deliver our service, including:
- your name
- email address
- telephone number
- property address
- details of your service requirements
- invoice payment details
We only collect personal information when we have a legitimate business requirement to do so.
How do we collect data
The data that we have collected and hold securely has come from several sources, which are listed below.
- contact provided via website, social media or other digital mediums
- signed up via our mailing list subscription
- contact made regarding recruitment opportunities
- exhibitions, events and networking
- business meetings
- through direct contact with customers
How do we use data
We collect personal information about you so that we can provide our services, communicate and share any related information you may request. We may also use this personal information for purposes related to our service including:
- to administer our service
- notify you of any changes to an appointment, service or product
- verify your identity or check personal details are up to date
- to take payment from you for the services which we provide
- to better understand your requirements and provide you with services specific to your needs
- to help answer any questions which you have asked us to respond to
- communicate with you about relevant services, reminders, safety or legal matters
- to provide you with general updates in relation to our marketing services
- carry out feedback requests to help us improve our service to you
- to provide you with information and marketing, which we reasonably believe may be relevant to you
- to comply with applicable laws where we are obliged to retain and/or disclose certain information
- to investigate or address complaints or claims relating to your use of our services
- for internal and external auditing purposes
- to transfer information to any entity which may acquire your personal details, such as registering for our newsletter.
- to collect a debt which is owed to us
Disclosure of personal data
The information you provide to us will be held on our secure GDPR compliant servers, systems and computers. Personal data may be accessed by or given to our staff or to any member of The Pasta Straw Company for the purposes set out in this Privacy Data Protection policy or for other purposes approved by you:
We may also provide your personal information to other companies for the purposes of administering our services, which includes:
- third parties and their associated companies or approved contractors as part of delivering our services to you
- where you have provided your consent for the purpose of discussing your requirements for finance, warranty protection requirements or other such relative services
- law enforcement bodies and/or other regulatory authorities in order to comply with any legal obligation or court order including the police, HMRC and local authorities
- third party organisations that provide applications, functionality, IT services, internal operating software to manage customer appointments, cloud based storage, e-mail providers such as outlook and mailchimp and communication platforms
- debt collection companies to assist us in collecting any monies which you owe to us where payment is overdue
- our professional advisers, for the purpose of assisting us to better manage, support or develop our business and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- third parties as necessary in the event of a claim or dispute relating to the use of our services
The Pasta Straw Company do not sell or otherwise share or release your personal data to any third party for the purpose of allowing them to market their services or products.
How we protect your data
The Pasta Straw Company is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We safeguard your personal data by using secure data storage and systems that meet the GDPR compliance requirements. We also use the professional services of contractors to maintain, upgrade and manage our online, website, server storage, e-mail security and anti-virus software. However, although we take reasonable precautions to protect access from unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, the internet is not a 100% secure environment.
Under the GDPR compliance requirements we shall advise you at the first available opportunity should your data be stolen, accessed, copied, used or authorised in an unlawful manor.
We also expect you to take reasonable steps to safeguard your own privacy when transferring information, such as to avoid sending confidential information over unsecure email.
You have rights in relation to your personal information. This is subject to certain exemptions and legal requirements for us to hold your data for tax, audits and legal reasons.
Your rights include:
- access to personal information
- to object to the processing, storage or how we use your personal data
- to rectify or erase personal information
- to restrict the processing of your personal data
- to obtain a copy of the personal data we store
- to lodge a complaint with the ICO
Please contact us if you require further information. We will aim to respond to any requests for information promptly and within the legally required time limits under the GDPR (30 days).
Further details of your rights can be found at the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), they can be contacted by telephone on 0303 123 1113 or by their website www.ico.org.uk.
How to change the information we hold
We are legally required to ensure that the data we hold is accurate and up to date. If we discover that data is incorrect then we will correct it or remove it as necessary. If your situation changes and the information that we provide is no longer relevant, then please contact us so that we can act accordingly.
There are various legal requirements and professional guidelines about keeping certain kinds of records, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes, or information on aspects of health and safety. We only keep personal data to comply with a requirement like this, or if we believe your data to still be accurate or believe you to be a valued customer of ours.
We consider our data retention in the following ways:-
- review the length of time we keep your personal data;
- consider the purpose or purposes we hold the information for in deciding whether (and for how long) to retain it;
- securely delete information that is no longer needed for this purpose or these purposes; and
- update, archive or securely delete information if it goes out of date.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR requirements. We use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. Details of how we obtain data is covered in the ‘how we collect data’ section of this policy.
If you feel you are on this list without consent, then we provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent, by being able to unsubscribe by clicking an unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing e-mail. You also have the capability to manage your preferences or amend the information we hold about you at any time. However, if you have any concerns then you can also contact us directly, we will act responsibly to ensure GDPR compliance.
The Pasta Straw Company use GDPR compliant EMS providers (electronics manufacturing services) to ensure any data is secured safely. We use EMS providers and e-mail providers such as Mailchimp, Google mail and hosted webmail for communicating with you.
We may hold the following information about you within our systems:
- email address
- telephone number
- I.P address
- subscription time and date
We may also contact you in future by phone, mail or other marketing methods, such as social media. We only do so where we reasonably believe that there are additional services or products in which you may be interested or relevant to you. We always ensure you have the right to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us.
Website and Cookies
- to maintain the state of your shopping cart as you navigate our website
- to store information about your preferences
- to help display relevant content and advertisment
- to identify you when you visit our website and as you navigate our website
- to support our security measures and help prevent fraudulent use of our website
- to monitor and analyse the use and performance of our website, products and services
When completing an online form or placing an order, we receive personal data, such as a name, address, email address, telephone and other information provided by you. Visitors are also able to send an email to us through the website. Their messages will contain the user’s name, email address and details, as well as any additional information the user may wish to include in the message.
If you have any complaints concerning The Pasta Straw Company processing of your personal data, please contact our data controller via the details below.
We will always react accordingly to any complaint and look to resolve any issues promptly. However, please note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority which is responsible for the protection of personal data.
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) is the UK body responsible for protection of personal data, they can be contacted by telephone on 0303 123 1113 or via their website www.ico.org.uk.
Data controller and contact information
The data controller is The Pasta Straw Company directors. If you have any questions or would like to discuss any part of this policy, please contact us via:
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: 01494 297405
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 15th December 2018.